Last Mother's Day, the hubby gifted me with a fabulous staycation at Conrad Centennial Singapore. The kids enjoy staying in a "new house" (aka hotels) so much that hubby and I made a pact not to give each other material gift on special occasions as "the gift of experience" is more valued and appreciated by the entire family. So came the month of June, I started planning for our mini Father's Day getaway.
Instagram. It reminds me of this travel quote by Irving Wallace: "Every man can transform the world from one of monotony and drabness to one of excitement and adventure". Isn't that so true? Locals may view this sight as extremely ordinary but in my eyes it's overwhelmingly extraordinary.
our stay at Bintan Lagoon. It is quite spacious and airy. It makes you feel like you just arrived in a tropical paradise. We were served with a refreshing cold ginger tea while checking in. Hubby and I loved it while the kids hated it so we had their share. Methinks, too exotic for their taste buds. Haha.
Imagine two hours of fun in the water and we haven't even checked in our room yet. LOL. After I had enough photos for posterity and er, blogging purposes, I was lulled by the fresh sea breeze. I used the beach towel as a pillow and had a quick cat nap at the cabana whilst the hubby took care of the kids. "Ahhhh, this is the kind of life I truly enjoy!", my bubble thought reads as I drifted to slumberland.
- Nasi Goreng Kampung (chef's recommendation) - a combination of fried rice with seafood, topped with fried egg, prawn crackers, tender beef and pickles
- Chef's Salad - julienne of chicken, roast beef, chicken ham and cheese on a bed of lettuce with thousand island dressing (optional French or balsamic dressing)
- Fish 'N Chips - deep fried fish fillet and potato fries served with tartar sauce
By the time we woke up it was already 4pm. Such a good life 'no? Didn't I tell you before, hubby and I slave ourselves to work 80% of the time and indulge our family to a "good life" on the remaining 20%? Fair enough right? I wish it's 50:50 ratio though. Please go ahead and ask me to dream on. LOL