That's fitness made fun for kids, outdoors!
Q: What do you do during rainy and hazy days?
A: Find an indoor gym for kids.
You'll find a number of indoor gym for kids in Singapore but TBH we've never been to one so when I was personally invited by Janice to try My Gym @ Buona Vista with G, I said yes right away although Buona Vista is a bit far from our place. Then again, in Singapore nowhere really is considered far because everywhere is conveniently accessible by public or private transportation.
ACTIVITY #1 - Introduction
"What's the name of the boy in green Mickey Mouse shirt?"
And whoever the kid she is describing must shout his/her name. It turned out quite fun and G got really comfortable joining the group instantaneously, feeling a sense of belongingness.
ACTIVITY #2 - Warm up exercise
ACTIVITY #3 - Gym cart relay
ACTIVITY #4 - Homework (Hopping and Tummies in the Middle)
ACTIVITY #5 - Explore Time
ACTIVITY #6 - Gymnastics Station 1 (Long Jump - good for agility)
ACTIVITY #7 - Gymnastics Station 2 (Swinging Monkey Bar - good for hanging and upper body strength)
ACTIVITY #8 - Manipulative
ACTIVITY #9 - Ending (Happy Chinese New Year Song)
ACTIVITY #10 - Meet Mymo, My Gym Mascot
Wish to know what are the benefits of My Gym core activities that the kids at Mighty Mites age group exposed to?
1) MUSIC AND MOVEMENT - nourishes the brain while affecting all areas of development. Strengthen motor skills, encourages movements, appreciation of rhythms and language development. Helps to develop critical listening skills, and provide opportunities to practise social skills.
2) ADVENTURE - encourages movement and stimulates senses. Most of the time, it also involves imagination.
3) GYMNASTIC SKILLS (hanging, tumbling, balancing and agility) - it's fun development through fun activities. Children's only motivation is FUN. They learn without knowing or being forced to the activity. Gymnastics provide strong foundation for the child's mental foundation (cognitive development). It builds focus and concentration, and enhances strength and flexibility. Most importantly, it helps to instil self-confidence and esteem in children.
4) SWINGS - Eliminates fear of height. It provides a sensory imagination and a better sense of balancing for children.
5) SEPARATION - Eliminates separation anxiety and develops social interaction. Children learn to play with their peers.
6) GAME - develops listening and social skills. Enhances speed and agility. Improves team work and sense of belongingness.
In addition to structured games and pre-gymnastics, the Mighty Mites learn beginners sports skills, gain fine and gross motor proficiency, and strengthen manipulative skills. The development of social skills is also emphasize.
About My Gym:
- Established in 1983
- More than 300 locations worldwide
- Award-Winning Class Programs for children 6 weeks to 13 years old
- Gymnastics, music, dance, sp[orts, games, special rides and more
- Extensively trained instructors
- Industry's best student-to-teacher ratio
- Your child plays the starring role in the Best Birthday Party in town!Fantastic Camps and Fun-Filled Programs throughout the year
My Gym @ Bouna Vista (click here to see other outlets)
35 Rochester Drive
Rochester Mall #03-24/25/26
Rochester Mall #03-24/25/26
Tel: 6684 9220
Disclaimer: We were invited for a trial gym class in exchange of this review. No other monetary compensation was received and all opinions are based on our first hand experience.