We've been to Penang Island in 2010, but we stayed in a relatively quieter beach area called Tanjung Bungah. After staying at Golden Sands Resort for four days recently, I am convinced that Batu Ferringhi is the place to be when in Penang. If you stay at Golden Sands Resort which is ideally located at the heart of Batu Ferringhi, almost everything you need to spend a great and memorable holiday with your family is within arms reach.
Golden Sands Resort on your next trip to Penang, Malaysia below:
1) INSTANT NATURE RETREAT THAT IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL
2) AMAZING SEA AND POOL VIEWS FROM YOUR ROOM BALCONY
3) IMPECCABLE SERVICE, A SHANGRI-LA SIGNATURE
I was impressed even more when Suleiman, the hotel's Director of Communications came personally to give our family a warm welcome. He gifted the kids each a Polly the Parrot plush toy and gamely took photo with us with the hotel's mascot who came to entertain us while waiting for our key cards and drinking our refreshing welcome drinks.
4) THE MOST HAPPENING AND COLOURFUL BEACHFRONT
5) AWE-INSPIRING SUNSET VIEWS BY THE BEACH
6) YOU ARE 10-MIN AWAY FROM ESCAPE, A MUST-VISIT NATURE THEME PARK
The kids literally went wild zip-lining and monkeying around. On our way there, the taxi driver tried to dissuade us from going upon seeing G, who is turning 5y/o this month. He said Escape is only suitable for adults. We were so glad we didn't follow his advise as G ended up having so much fun at their kid-friendly facilities. Escape is definitely a must-do for families when in Penang. If your family aren't the adventurous type, you can opt to visit the Entopia by Penang Butterfly Farm which is just a stone throw away from Escape.
7) FREE SHUTTLE BUS TO GEORGE TOWN
We were not able to explore George Town on our last visit to Penang so this time around, I made sure we are going to tick it off from our must-visit places. The best thing is, Golden Sands Resort provides free shuttle bus to Georgetown to their guests so we saved taxi fare and used it instead in renting a family bicycle. We willingly fell on a tourist trap, went on a mural hunt and treated ourselves to yummy street food.
Important note: Book your shuttle bus a day in advance. It stops and departs at Hotel Jen. From Hotel Jen, we took a short taxi ride to Lebuh Victoria where the first mural on the above photos was located. Next to it is the famous Ming Xiang Tai Pastry Shop where you can buy something to eat whilst exploring.
8) GOLDEN SANDS RESORT'S ADVENTURE ZONE AND SWIMMING POOL
We extended our stay for one more day so we have extra time to enjoy the resort's awesome and kid-friendly facilities like the swimming pool area and Adventure Zone. Staying at Golden Sands Resort is highly recommended for families with young children as the resort put so much effort in making sure that the kids are well-entertained. There's a jenga and a giant chess too near the swimming pool. So many things to do with your kids!
9) DELECTABLE AND CHEAP LOCAL FOOD IN THE NEIGHBOURHOOD
|Photo by gopenang.my|
10) BUZZING NIGHT MARKET
|Photo by penangtraveltips.com|
Planning a trip to Penang with your family soon? Check out Golden Sands Resort's Family Fun Package that includes:
- Daily buffet breakfast for 2 adults and 2 children below 11 years old at Garden Cafe
- One complimentary bed for a child below 11 years old
- Complimentary daily dinner (either buffet or set) for 2 adult and 2 children at Garden Cafe with free flowing soft drinks, juices, beer and house wine
- Free admission to the Adventure Zone for 2 children below 11 years old
- Complimentary daily shuttle service to and from George Town
For other offers and promotions, you can check out Golden Sands Resort's Rooms and Suite Offer Page here.
Disclaimer: Our family's 3D2N stay at Golden Sands Resort is kindly sponsored by the resort management in exchange of this honest and personal review. We extended our stay at our own expense and no other monetary compensation was received. As usual, all opinions and oodles of photos are intellectual property of Sweet Memoirs, otherwise stated.RELATED POSTS: