- 500g FairPrice ToriKara-age Japanese Style Fried Chicken (original)
- FairPrice Sunflower with Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO)
- cooked rice (long-grain preferred)
- broccoli florets (blanched)
- shredded Parmesan cheese
- cream of mushroom
- white onion (peeled and dice)
- garlic (peeled and diced)
- carrot (peeled and diced)
- salt and pepper to taste
1) Deep fry or air fry FairPrice ToriKara-age Japanese Style Fried Chicken, cut into smaller pieces and set aside.
3) Heat 2 tablespoons of FairPrice Sunflower with Extra Virgin olive Oil in a cooking pot. Saute the diced onion and garlic. (Optional: Use margarine or butter)
7) In baking tray, put the rice mixture evenly. Top it with blanched broccoli florets, more fried chicken and shredded Parmesan cheese.
8) Place in the gas-fired oven until the cheese melts.
I have a hunch I used the wrong cheese as it was too powdery. It didn't spread much on top of the baked rice when melted. Either that or I didn't top cheese generously. My hubby commented I should have used Mozzarella cheese instead for that ooey-gooey effect. On a positive note, since I used gas-fired oven, the cheese turned out grilled which I really love.
We love how juicy and tasty the chicken was and you'll be glad to know that it is also trans fat free and Halal Certified. I have always hesitated sharing our home-cooked food to our nicest Muslim neighbours because of their food restriction but now I don't have to worry. The Sunflower with EVOO on the other hand is definitely a healthier choice being naturally cholesterol free, trans fat free, and contains Omega 3 and 6 fatty acids. It is suitable for baking, roasting, stir frying and salad mix.
Nothing beats home-cooked food so cook away and always go for healthier choices. Bon appétit!
This post is brought to you by Sweet Memoirs x FairPrice collaboration. We were provided with a bagful of FairPrice housebrand products in exchange of this post. No other monetary compensation was received and all photos are my own.